Here is a list of Library OPAC databases you can use to research Greek Myth:
1. BrainPop: username istianjin password welcome Introductory and basic secondary source
You might want to start with this simple but enteraining introduction brought to you by Tim and Moby. After you log in, search “Greek Gods” and watch the short video for very basic introductory information. You can click on the “CC” to see the English subtitles while you watch.
2. Oxford Reference Online: username istianjin password welcome Advanced source with primary source material in most entries
One of the resources in the Oxford Reference Online database is the Oxford Companion to World Mythology. After you’ve logged in to this database, search for the Greek god or goddess that you are researching or, if you haven’t chosen yet, search for “Greek mythology” to do some background reading see links to many other entries.
3. Britannica School Edition: username isstjboliq password istianjin2011 Intermediate source with images and video
When you use Britannica, you should be choosing the Middle School version. Search for “Greek religion” and you’ll find an article with links to other useful entries.
4. Student Resources in Context: username istianjin Useful for learning about your chosen topic in the news and media today
This database is a bit confusing to use so you might want to ask for some help. If you search for the name of a god or goddess, you will then be able to narrow your search by “Content Types” on the left-hand side of the window. This will be a very useful resource but needs a bit of practise to navigate. We will look at it together in class.
Here are a couple of web sites that have been approved by your teachers:
1. Encyclopedia Mythica has a Greek Mythology sections with introductory information on all of the principal gods and goddesses. This site contains very clear family trees to help you better understand the relationships between the gods and goddesses. There are also one-page entries on most of the characters who appear in Greek myth. Intermediate
2. Theio Greek Mythology has a wide variety of introductory information on the myths and the gods. This site is most useful for the wide selection of images of the gods and goddesses depicted in art. Introductory