April 27, 2012
by Seo Young
Video or photos can often make a blog post more interesting and appealing. We have been learning how to optimize photos and video so that they appear on our blog. One problem with videos is that they often can be extremely large and therefore might not show up well, or take very long to load, or even exceed the limitations of your blog platform.
If you want to optimize video for a post on a WordPress blog, follow these five steps.
First you should take a video.
If video takes too many space, you need to use a program that helps to make your video smaller, for example, Handbrake.
Next click on the video button.
After you click on the video button you will see a button called select file. Click on that button and select your video.
Then you would see a URL if there is, copy the URL. Select ‘Save all changes’.
Type the following code.
Now press the Publish button then you can see video.
Note: Make sure the podcast plugin is activated.
Edited by Chloe.
March 29, 2012
by Seo Young
The Friendship Group is inquiring into friendship issues.
The Friendship Group has been very busy this week. They are still working on their friendship slideshow. They are planning what they are going to do for the role plays they will perform on the Exhibition Opening Night. Also they are starting to write a song about friendship. It seems like they are just as busy as the rest of us G5 Exhibition students!
For their song about friendship, they will ask Mr. Thompson for help. Mr. Thompson is our music teacher. On their planning paper they have written ideas for words of songs and melodies. Jin Jin is a good musician and with him in the group, they should be able to write a really good song.
This is the video about friendship group discussing about their performance that they are going to do.
March 26, 2012
by Seo Young
The friendship group is doing great job. They are making a slide show about friendship. They feel good with their group members and how their slide show will look when it is finished.
The finished slideshow will have 2 pages with 2 photos in it. They are getting photos from the grade 5 shared room. Texts that they are going to write are quotes about friendship and friendship poems. They are focused on how to make friendships that last for a long time in international schools.
Nina is making the slideshow, Su Bin and Jenny are making games (games are not linked to their slideshow), and Jin Jin and Danyal are writing a skit about friendship role.
This is a photo of friendship group meeting with Ms.Lanham.
Edited by Hilma
March 15, 2012
by Seo Young
IST Grade 5 students started working on our exhibition. We separated into 8 groups.
This is a short explanation for each groups.
- ESL Group – This group will be making an educational story book. Their lead teacher is Ms. Bjork.
- Student Handbook – This group will be making a handbook about IST for new students. Their lead teacher is Mr. Kimber.
- Friendship – This group will be inquiring into friendship and bullying. Their lead teacher is Ms. Wretham.
- Mini-Olympian – This group will be inquiring into how to play different sports. Their lead teacher is Mr. Kimber.
- Environment – This group will be inquiring into different types of environments and saving our environments. Their lead teacher is Ms. Wretham.
- Blog – We will be blogging about the Grade 5 exhibition. Our lead teacher is Mrs. Fitzgerald.
- Cookbook – This group will be making a cook book about international foods. Their lead teacher is Ms. Wretham.
- Top Trumps – This group will be making trading cards about IST. Their lead teacher is Mr. Kimber.
Edited by Mrs. Fitzgerald